HR Consulting and Work Law advice
Providing practical solutions to common workplace issues
- Respond to Charges of Discrimination from Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). Karen successfully responded to dozens of Charges of Discrimination filed with the EEOC on behalf of clients in the public and private sectors.
- Provide advice concerning hiring, firing, discipline, coaching, performance issues, attendance, behavioral issues, fraud, falsification.
- Conduct internal FLSA compliance audits
- Assist clients with Department of Labor Wage & Hour investigations. (In 2018, Karen assisted a manufacturing client in successfully resolving an investigation from the Wage & Hour division of the Department of Labor).
- Conduct FLSA exemption/classification analysis
- Conduct workplace satisfaction audits/surveys
- Audit internal investigation practices
- Provide advice regarding reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and religion
Karen can also provide sound advice concerning laws surrounding sexual harassment, religious accommodation, race discrimination, national origin discrimination, pregnancy-related issues, medical leave issues, gender stereotyping/gender identification matters, behavioral issues, hiring, firing, caregiver responsibility, discrimination, social media (NLRA and First Amendment), military leave/USERRA, and issues regarding Virginia State Employment Law